We consider it important to ensure that We provide Our services in a transparent, reliable, fair and lawful manner. Therefore, Midbet handles the information about You carefully and ensures that the processing of Your Personal Data is always in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect Personal or Non-Personal Data about You, including the following:
- Registration details. We collect any information You provide to Us when You register and open an account, including but not limited to, the information You provide Us for verification of Your identity, the information You might update or correct after registration, the information We may ask You to add, etc. This information might include Your first and last name, e-mail address, gender, birth data, personal code, address, ID, phone number, etc. If You provide Us any additional information, We may collect it as well.
- Records of correspondence. We will collect information contained in any correspondence between You and Us via contact forms, live chat on Website, emails, telephone calls or any other available communication source.
- Activity details. We record the information about Your activity on Our website and Your use of Our Services, including but not limited to the details of bets, gaming, Your deposits, bonuses, promotions, game session duration, Your visits, traffic data, location data, weblogs, information and communication on the Website. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on Our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more information on cookies please read Our Cookies policy below.
- Payment information. In order to provide You with secure and sufficient services, We may collect Your payment information, such as Your deposits, withdrawals, credit/debit card details, bank account details.
- Device information. For the security and efficiency reasons, We may collect specific types of connection details and information about Your device, software or hardware that may identify You, including, but not limited: device’s unique identifiers, IP address, geo-location data, login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about Your visit, including but not limited to the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time) and page response time
- Information from third-parties. We may collect information about You from third-parties that We work with for the purposes of delivering You secure, efficient and legal Services, and verify Your identity and prevent fraudulent or illegal activities.
How we use the information we collect
All information We collect is for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. In addition, the information We collect, including Your personal information, is used for the following purposes:
- To monitor and provide the Services via Our Website;
- To verify Your age and identity;
- To set up, operate and manage Your account;
- To communicate with You and keep You informed;
- To manage Our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Website performance and functionality.
- To carry out risk management;
- Statistical and/or marketing – for customer research, surveys, and analyses;
- To provide You with the information about promotions, bonuses, and Our products, services;
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Midbet and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions or ranking search results), we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Midbet;
- For the prevention of fraud, irregular betting, money laundering, and cheating;
- To comply with the laws and regulations;
- To comply with contractual obligations.
If You have any questions about the lawful bases upon which We collect and use Your Personal Data, please contact Our Data Protection Officer
Our payment service provider MoneyMatrix Limited, Level 3A, St Julians Business Centre, Triq Elija Zammit, St Julians STJ3155, Malta (hereinafter “MoneyMatrix”) is required by law to report any activity that raises suspicion of money laundering, funding of terrorism, or any other illegal activity. To enable MoneyMatrix to fulfill these obligations, we transmit the following data to MoneyMatrix: transaction data and KYC documents, your name and address. MoneyMatrix will only process the personal data for the above-mentioned purpose and in accordance with all applicable data protection laws.
If we share personal information
- Third-parties that We work with and have an appropriate agreement with, for delivering to You secure, efficient and legal services;
- Third-parties of applicable governmental and/or regulatory authorities. We may also disclose Your personal data with regulatory bodies if there is a suspect that You may be involved in a breach of Our rules or governing laws and regulations. Those regulatory bodies may then use Your personal information to investigate and act on any such breaches in accordance with their procedures;
- Third-parties that You have consented to share Your information with.
We keep Your information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was originally obtained (see How We use the information We collect) unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Generally, we will retain information for not more than 10 years after the closure of Your account. In certain circumstances, We may retain some of Your information indefinitely (e.g. information that is needed for complying with responsible gambling and self-exclusion).
We are taking all the necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of Your information is maintained upon disposal.
It’s important to highlight that We do not accept individuals under the age of 18, and We do not knowingly record or retain any information from such individuals. If on completion of age verification, we detect that the customer is underage, we will confiscate any winnings and return the deposit or remaining balance, and We will take reasonable measures to promptly close any relevant accounts and remove any records where possible, other than such information that will allow Us to identify and prevent future access from such individuals.
Your choices & obligations
We are taking all reasonable steps to ensure that any information that We collect from You is accurate and verified.
You are entitled to see the Personal Data We hold about You. Moreover, you may ask Us to make any necessary changes to ensure that Your Personal Data is accurate and kept up to date.
Data Access and Portability. You may ask Us for a copy of Your Personal Data that We keep about You, by submitting a Request Form on Midbet Website. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by Us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (CSV, xls, etc) in not more than 30 days after receiving a valid request. However, this period may be extended by two further months if necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests. The requested personal data will be provided to You on Midbet website.
The Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") gives You the right to access information held about You. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
However, this shall not apply if You already have the information. Any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, in particular, because of their repetitive character, can be refused or charged with an administration fee of 10GBP to meet Our costs in providing You with details of the information We hold about You.
You may also request Us to transmit Your personal data to another service provider (where technically feasible). For any additional information or help, You may contact Us. We are not responsible for protecting the data that has been received/held by You.
Rectification. By contacting Us, You may ask Us to change, correct or update Your Personal Data in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate. Moreover, where there is a need, We may ask You to update some of Your Personal Data as well. Please be noted that We will keep the information in its original format under any applicable laws and regulations.
Erasure. By contacting Us, You may ask Us to erase some or all of Your Personal Data, if it is no longer necessary for providing Services to You and to comply with our legal obligations. Please be noted that We will keep the information in if it is needed for any applicable laws and regulations. This might be for fraud, anti-money laundering, tax, legal reporting or auditing obligations.
Withdraw consent. Where We rely on Your consent, You have the right to withdraw or decline Your consent at any time and where We rely on legitimate interests, You have the right to object. Keep in mind, that the withdraw of the consent cannot affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can manage or withdraw Your consents:
- by clicking on the “unsubscribe” in Your subscribed e-mails and selecting the category You do not wish to receive;
- by managing Your cookies. For more information on cookies please read Our Cookies Policy.
Object processing. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle You to require Us not to process Your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If You object to such processing Midbet will no longer process Your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Us to stop processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
Other important information
We are taking care of implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and Your Personal data. We regularly monitor Our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
The personal data We collect from You may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("the EEA").
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for Us or one of Our partners. Such staff might be engaged in, amongst other things, the processing of Your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting Your personal data to Us, You agree to this secure transfer, storing or processing.
The personal data You provide Us with will be stored on Our secure servers, where firewalls are used to block unauthorized traffic to the servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password which enables You to access certain parts of Our Site, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share Your password(s) with anyone.
Please note that whilst We have made every effort to create a secure and reliable site for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Our site or app cannot be guaranteed.
Please also note that the transmission of information via the intercom is not completely secure. Although We endeavor to do Our best to protect Your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once We have received Your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorized access. By browsing the Site and communicating electronically with Us, You acknowledge and consent to Us processing Your personal data in this way.
We understand that keeping Your information secured is vital. Therefore, every day We work on improving appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of Our services, systems, and processes. This helps Us protect the information We have against misuse and also ensures the continuity of Our services. However, this does not mean that Our systems are immune to problems. If problems are detected, We would like to receive Your notice or help
We are doing everything We can to make Our Services transparent, reliable, fair and lawful. If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us by phone, e-mail, live chat or contact form. If contacting Us does not resolve Your question or complaint, You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Midbet before the competent data protection authorities.
How we keep your information safe?
All information transmitted online is encrypted using advanced logarithm combinations. All communication between You and Midbet is encrypted to the maximum strength supported by Your browser using 256 Bit SSL encryption.
You register or log-in, all information sent to and from Midbet website is encrypted using 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software. This system ensures that all the information You provide using Midbet website (such as your Personal Data) is automatically protected. We secure Your private information using Comodo SSL Certificates.
Moreover, We have excellent fraud team and advanced systems for the detection and prevention of suspicious or illegal activities. Any account involved in suspicious activity will be suspended and investigated. If You have any doubts that Your account was compromised (e.g. unusual changes in the balance or email notification of a password change without any action by You), please change your password and contact Midbet customer support service immediately.
HOW YOU CAN PROTECT YOUR DATA?
Here are a few things You can do to keep Your account secure:
- Turn on 2FA on the Midbet website, so you have a strong protective factor. We using Google Authentication App for this purpose.
- Never share Your online account. You should not share Your account or use another person’s account even though the person you would be sharing with is your family member or a friend. Moreover, please keep in mind that to share Your account is strictly forbidden as described in Our Regulation.
- Protect Your password. Do not use Your password anywhere else online. Your password should be difficult to guess. Avoid including your name or common words.
- Use strong passwords. Make your password as random as possible, but easy for you to remember. Your password should be long enough, unconventional, a mix of different types of characters, better if not a dictionary word. Don't use numbers or combinations associated with other personally identifiable information as all or even part of your passwords.
- Change passwords regularly, especially when there is any doubt that they may have been compromised.
- Never share Your login information. Do not divulge personal information about your account including passwords to anyone – even people who claim to be from customer service or security. Keep in mind that We will never ask You for Your password.
- Do not write down your password or save it on your computer or mobile device. A Post-It note stuck to the outside of Your laptop or mobile phone is "akin to leaving your keys in your car".
- Do not leave your computer or mobile device unlocked. It can take only seconds for someone to use this easy access and get the information they need for further malicious activities. Moreover, all it takes is a single mishap where your device slips out of your pocket or briefcase at a restaurant or on public transportation, and your data could wind up in the hands of someone who will use it maliciously.
- Do not use the same passwords for your operating systems and software/accounts passwords.
- Don't save passwords in your browser. The common practice of 'remembering passwords' in browsers is a dangerous practice. Indeed, should someone gain access to your computer or mobile device, they'd be able to easily access any accounts for which you've stored login credentials in your browser.
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date. Run a good anti-virus protection program, do periodic scans for spyware, avoid clicking on suspicious email links or websites.
- Keep your operating system, browser, and plugins up-to-date. These updates contain critical security patches that will protect your computer or mobile device from recently discovered threats. Failing to install these updates means your computer/mobile device is at risk.
- Make sure your firewall is secure. Firewalls assist in blocking dangerous programs, viruses or spyware before they infiltrate in your system.
- Avoid logging in to your Midbet account on public computers – e.g. libraries, internet cafes, etc.
- Avoid transactions on public Wi-Fi. Unlike your home computer, the use of public hotspots involves security compromises. It is easy for other users to intercept your data; so be careful about what information you send while connected.
- Secure your Wi-Fi network at home or workplace. It's always recommended to secure your wireless network with a password. This prevents unauthorized individuals within proximity to hijack your wireless network. Even if they're merely attempting to get free Wi-Fi access, you don't want to inadvertently share private information with other people who are using your network without permission.
- Look for key markers. We rely on universally accepted security protocol HTTPS (HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure) to protect users and keep their transactions secure. Therefore, Our website will show a green marker in the browser URL and the link address will start with https:// instead of http:// or www. Always check the name of the sender in the email carefully before clicking on any attachment or links. Most malware attacks are sent through bogus email IDs.
If the account is compromised
Your account may have been compromised if:
- There have been changes to your account details that you didn't commit, such as your email, home address or phone number.
- There has been activity within your account that was not done by you. This could include deposits or withdrawals, or bets placed.
- You have received an email notification of a password change without any action by you.
If You have any doubts that Your account was compromised, please change your password and contact Midbet customer support service immediately via [email protected]
Cookies are small data files stored on a User's browser or computer hard drive, provided the User consents. We use the following types of cookies to help Us better understand Our users and improve Our Service:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are required for the operation of Our Site. For instance, they include cookies that enable You to log into secure areas of Our website and make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/ Performance Cookies. These allow Us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around and use Our website. This enables Us to improve Our Service, for example, by ensuring users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies. These are used to recognize You when You return to Our Site. They also enable Us to personalize and tailor Our content to Your noted preferences (e.g. choice of language or region)
- Targeting Cookies. These record Your visit to Our Site, the pages You have visited and the links You have followed. This enables Us to make Our Site and the advertising displayed more relevant to Your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You may block cookies by activating the setting on Your browser that allows You to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if Your browser settings block all cookies (including essential cookies), You may not be able to access all or parts of Our Site.
- Should you decide to clear cookies, some parts of the site may not work and will require you to re-enter certain information
- When You use or connect to the Service through a third-party platform, such as Facebook or another social co-working site, You allow Us to access and/or collect certain information from Your third party platform profile/account (such as Your Facebook account) or via any cookies placed on Your device by such third-party platform. We will also share such information with the third party platform for their use.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose and modify your browser setting to accept or decline cookies by visiting the Help section of your browser’s toolbar. Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. Refer to your device manufacturer’s instructions for more information. If you are not sure about the Cookies or you need more information about them, we recommend you visit allaboutcookies.org. This will enable you to access instructions on managing the Cookies. Keep in mind that we are not responsible for the content of external websites and by disabling cookies you will not be able to enjoy all the features of our website. Please note that if you do not allow Midbet to store Necessary Cookies on your system, you will not be able to use Our Services. We are sorry for that, but it is vital for Our system to work properly.
Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Materials
We reserve the right to process Your personal data for Customer Relationship Management ("CRM") and marketing purposes. We, or Our selected partners, may wish to provide You with information about special features or offers that may be of interest to You. If You do not wish to receive such information, please contact Our Support team at [email protected], who will exclude Your account from all such future communications.
We provide a chat facility as part of Our service and may from time to time use chat logs and uploaded videos in promotional activity, including, but not limited to our Facebook Page, YouTube Channel, and Discord.
For feedback purposes regarding Midbet’s Services, We may also wish to contact You by post, email, or telephone. If You do not wish to be contacted by any, or all of these methods, please contact Our Support team at [email protected], who will exclude Your account from all such future communications.