These rules form part of Midbet Terms & Conditions and all definitions used are as set out in that document. We make every effort to ensure that our rules are fair and transparent.
Pool Betting (Lounge)
We operate a pool based betting system which means users are playing against each other, NOT against Midbet. The markets are questions created by our team of Admins also referred to as Market Makers that allow you to bet against other users.
Pool betting involves placing a stake on one of two (or more) outcomes for a given event. The events can be single maps or matches between two players or teams, or could be the outcome of an entire event. For example, “team A vs team B” you can choose one of two sides to place a wager on to win. Your winnings are calculated as a percentage of the total wager on the team you chose. That percentage is your winning (minus the rake) from the opposing option(s). When there are more than two outcomes to choose from, the winnings are the sum of all the losing outcomes bar the single correct one minus the rake. Pool bets that do not end in a single outcome (i.e. draws or canceled) are refunded without a rake being taken.
You receive a percentage of the pool proportional to how much you contributed to the correct answer (option). We charge a commission on the winning pool. For example:
- You wagered €5 on the correct option
- The market (including you) put a total of €500 on the correct option
- The total pool was €2000 (the total amount wagered on all options)
- Our commission here is €% of the winning pool (2% of €2000 = €40)
- This leaves a total remaining pool of €2000 - €40 = €1960
- You get 5/500 = 1% of €1960 = €19.60
- You contributed €5 of the total €500 wagered on the correct option so you will get 5/500 = 1% of €1960 = € the €5 of 19.60
Winnings are transferred into the user’s account once the market has been settled. This usually occurs within a few minutes of the event occurring. Commission amounts will vary based on the type of pool, but will be shown clearly at the top of each pool’s clarifications. For any single option if our commission causes the amount won to become less than the amount you wagered, the amount wagered on that option will be returned. The rounding of winnings is done to the penny.
In a BO3 wager, there are two teams, so two possible outcomes. Ten users wager on the two teams, each user wagering €4.00 on each team. In this example Team A wins, thus:
|Team A||% of pool||Team B||% of pool||Win|
Rake = 10%.
User winnings = (total winnings - rake) / percent of winning option for each user (20% each in this example).
€20 - 10% / 20% = €3.60.
Return to Players 1 through 5, wager + winnings = €4.00 + €3.60 = €7.60.
We offer two types of markets
Pre-game markets known as PrePools where users can wager before the tournament, series or match begins. These markets include but are not limited to:
- Who will win a tournament
- Who will win a series
- Who will win a match
- Who will draw first blood
- First to 10 kills
- First to lose tier 1
These markets will be closed once the game starts and will be settled once the event has occurred.
In-play pool. Markets will appear on screen and users can wager on the options provided. The market can be closed at any time by a Market Maker and are usually live for anywhere between 15 seconds and 90 seconds. Users are given a 5 second warning before the market closes. These markets include but are not limited to:
- Next tower
- Next Nashor
- Gold Worth
- Boss Timing
- Round Winner
Once the event occurs our software identifies the answer and notifies the admin who will verify it before settling the market.
Life Cycle of a Market
All markets go through 3 stages during their life cycle.
- Open - The market is currently live and users can submit their wagers on the options they believe will occur.
- Closed / Pending - Users can no longer place bets on the market. During this time, we are waiting for an event to occur that will give us the answer.
- Settled - The answer has been provided and winnings have been paid out.
Markets will be settled as soon as possible after the event has occurred, while considering delays between the stream and our data feeds. Errors may occur during each stage of the market which may lead to the market becoming void. If a market is void all wagers will be refunded in full, no commission will be charged.
A market can be voided at any time by an admin for reasons including, but not limited to:
Error with the phrasing or timings of the market. For example:
- The current game time is 45:00 and the following market is opened, "Will we see Roshan killed before 35:00?"
- This is erroneous as the question is asking about a game time that has already passed. Once the error has been identified the market will be void.
The event occurring (on any source, for example in stream or on Dota TV) while the questions is live. For example:
- A team reaches 5 kills while the following market is Open, "what team will be the first to get 5 kills?"
- As the answer is known the market will be void.
Something occurring that prevents the answer from being identified with absolute certainty. For example:
- "Who will have more kills at 38:00" was asked, however, the game ends at 35:00.
- Even if one team clearly seemed to be the favorite, it cannot be known with 100% certainty what the answer would have been. Thus, the market will be void.
- Midbet considers the game to be over during professional games when the losing team calls GG or when the ancients falls, whichever happens first. During streamer games, the game is considered over when the ancient falls.
- In situations where we are unable to settle a market due to an error with data feeds or reasons outside of our control we will use publically available information, such as replays, to help settle the market. This will take substantially more time than normal and if the answer cannot be identified within 48 hours the market will be void.
- In situations where markets are opened pre game and a team withdraws from the tournament or series the market will be void. In cases where the team was one of multiple choices all money wagered on that team will be refunded.
If it is possible to settle a market with 100% certainty, it will always be settled. For example: The following market was pending "What will the total kill count be at 25:00?" with the options:
- < 30
- >= 30
But the game ended at 24:30 with a total kill count of 40. Given that the kill count cannot decrease, we are able to know the answer to that market with absolute certainty. This market would be settled not voided.
Errors in Settling
Should a market be settled incorrectly we reserve the right to make an appropriate adjustment to user’s Account Balances to correct such errors. If a user has insufficient funds to make the adjustment, the user agrees to make the necessary funds available to correct the error as soon as practically possible.
Should a market be settled early (in error), the market will be "scrubbed", whereby paid out winnings will be returned to the pot to later be settled correctly.
Striking a Bet
As the markets are pool based, users are playing against each other, NOT against Midbet. Our betting mechanism means the potential payoff of your wager is not fixed until the market is closed. We provide you with the percentages the market has wagered to help you understand how the rest of the market has wagered. These numbers will change while the market is open.
Your wager will not be recorded until you press "Bet", the order reaches our server and we confirm you have enough funds in your account. At that point the wager will be submitted to the pool and will show up in both your Transaction history and the My bets screens.
In some instances, particularly where a user has a slow internet connection and submits a wager close to the market closing, a wager will not be successful. If this occurs, a notification will appear above the bet slip notifying you that the wager has been unsuccessful. A user can submit as many wagers to the pool as they like while the market is open. However, once a wager is submitted to the pool it cannot be withdrawn. Once the market is closed, no more wagers will be accepted.
Unselected Winning Answers
If no wagers have been placed on the correct answer but wagers have been placed on other options for the market, then the market will be void and all users will be refunded their wager.
We will decide what events or tournaments we will create pools for on a case by case basis. This will be driven by our ability to get sufficient data on the underlying event and our assessment of the integrity of the individuals holding the event. Should the integrity of an event or tournament be called into question we will investigate these claims before making a decision whether or not to proceed with taking bets.
When covering a streamer on twitch or any other video streaming platform we will ask questions about the game being played on the stream. If the person playing on the channel is not the streamer or the person switches during the game, all wagers are still valid.
Abandoning / Rage-quit
The moment a streamer abandons a game, this is considered the end of the game and all markets left unsettled will be void in the same manner as markets left unsettled at the end of a professional game.
If the streamer abandons before the first 10 minutes of the game, all Game Winner markets will be void. If the streamer abandons after the first 10 minutes of the game, all Game Winner markets will be settled as a loss to the streamer.
The Streamer game will continue up until the streamer themselves quits or the game ends. If any member of their team or the opponents team leave before the end of the game, markets will still be valid.
There are specific betting rules relating to each individual sport detailed in the specific sport sections as well as the following general rules of betting that apply to all sports bets
- All prices are subject to change and are made available up to the official start time of the particular event concerned
- In cases where the official start time is not announced, bets are accepted up to the advertised start time
- Any bet that is accepted after the advertised or official start time - other than bets on live markets - will be declared void
Legality of gambling
If Internet Gambling is illegal in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you are not authorised to place a bet at Mid.Bet. You are responsible for checking and complying with the laws in your own jurisdiction before placing a bet on our web site. Mid.bet cannot be held responsible in any way for any action resulting from the use of this website in territories where gambling is illegal.
In case of error
- It is your responsibility to inform us immediately should any error occur on your account, in any bet or other in any other transaction
- Any funds/winnings credited to an account in error are not available for use, and we reserve the right to void any transactions involving such funds.
- Mid.bet cannot be held liable for failure of any equipment (wherever physically sited) which prevents the placing of bets or contact with our offices
- All online bet requests are confirmed by the "bet accepted" message being returned, and the relevant bet is immediately shown in the "My Account" section.
- Mid.bet accepts no responsibility for bets which are submitted and not confirmed by our software in the above manner
Mid.bet will only accept bets made with available funds in the player's account.
- Where a dispute arises which cannot be resolved by our customer service staff, it will be passed to senior management for a decision. Any disputes, which cannot be mutually resolved, will be referred to the Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FSRC).
- Where there is evidence of price or match rigging, we reserve the right to make bets void or withhold payment pending the outcome of any investigation.
- No claims or disputes will be considered more than 90 days after the settlement date of the original transaction.
Bets will be made void
Mid.bet endeavours to ensure complete accuracy with regards to the announcing, publishing and issuing of prices and other betting information. However, should an error occur, we cannot accept responsibility and reserve the right to correct obvious errors. If any pre-event bet is accepted in error bets will either be cancelled or will stand at the correct price, terms or market conditions. If any in-running (live) bets are accepted in error, all such bets will be made void.
Calculated as distinct bets
For settling each way doubles, trebles and other multiple bets, the individual bets are calculated as distinct bets.
Price is requested
In situations where a price is requested, that price will apply to the player's selection on all bets in the player's betting slip.
When a dead-heat occurs, the player's stake will be divided by the number of runners involved in the dead-heat. The player will then be paid the full odds for this reduced stake. The remainder of the player's stake money will be lost
Related multiple bets are not permitted. Any such bets that are accepted in error will have the stake split equally between the selections for settling purposes.
Enhanced multiples are offered for a range of sports. The combined odds of the selections will be increased and presented as one price.
- If one or more of the selections involved in the enhanced bet is void or a push for betting purposes, the bet will stand on the remaining selections and will be settled at the prices available at the time the bet was placed.
- Unless special odds are quoted on this website, Mid.bet does not accept multiple bets where the outcome of one part of the bet contributes to the outcome of the other. For example, a correct score bet on NaVi to win 3-0 and a match bet on NaVi to win the game – if the scorecast is correct then the second bet would automatically be correct. If such a bet is taken in error, the player's stake will be divided equally between the separate single bets.
- If, when placing a multiple bet online, your bet slip contains some related selections or markets, then only the unrelated multiples will be placed. This will be reflected in your stake. Returns may only be claimed on valid unrelated bets. If you are in doubt as to which of your selections are related, please contact our customer service team for a full explanation. Stakes can not be refunded on bets placed in error.
All bets accepted will be settled on the official result, unless otherwise stated.
Special related prices may be available on some events. These will be displayed on our text pages and can also be found on our website. All special bets will be settled in accordance with the unique rules set for that particular bet
We cannot guarantee to pay or correct errors if they are brought to our attention more than month after the official result of the last selection to run on the bet.
Bets can only be made through the Mid.Bet website. Bets by phone, email or post are not accepted.
Where there is evidence of price, race, match or event rigging, we reserve the right to withhold payment, pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation and ultimately to declare bets on that event as void.
Where evidence of rigging exists or where there is evidence of a series of bets each containing the same selection(s), having been placed by or for the same individual or by a syndicate of individuals, we reserve the right to require claims for payment to be submitted in writing to our customer service department.
Mid.Bet reserves the right to void any transactions where individuals are suspected of acting in conspiracy or concert; for example organisations, clubs or employees/agents of other bookmakers.
In the event of an official enquiry in relation to suspicious betting activity surrounding an event, we reserve the right to disclose confidential information to the sports governing body or their representatives, on the condition that they consent to keeping such information confidential.
For odd/even number markets, zero will be considered an even number.
Maximum payout limits
The maximum daily payout on any bet is €5,000. This amount excludes the original stake. The payout limit applies to any one customer, or group of customers acting together who have backed the same combination of selections. This also applies if the bets have been struck in a series of bets, at a range of prices over a number of days using different betting accounts, or different betting channels. If Mid.bet believes a number of bets have been placed this way, the total payment of the bets combined will be limited to one single maximum payout. Mid.bet are not liable for any perceived loss of profits.
Change of Venue
Unless otherwise stated in specific sport rules, if, for any listed match, the venue for that match is changed to the original away team's ground, bets placed on the original listing will be declared void. If the venue is changed to somewhere other than the away team's ground, bets will stand so long as the home team is still designated as such.
Unless otherwise stated in specific sport rules, if an event is postponed prior to its scheduled start time, bets will be void unless the match is rescheduled at the same venue within 24 hours. If the match is rescheduled to a different venue all bets will be void.
Enhanced Multiples If any selection in an enhanced multiple is abandoned, postponed, cancelled or otherwise declared void, the full bet will be declared void and stake returned.