Captain OG Tal “Fly” Aizik in an interview with the cybersport portal explained why without motivation the player will not be able to perform at the highest level. He also told how the team copes with the defeats and admired the coach Sebastian “7ckngMad” Debs.
– How difficult is it to find motivation after winning the “major”, especially if you won this tournament four times? You, as a captain, worked on this?
– Of course. To have a goal and motivation to achieve it is the most important thing for a player. If you do not want something with all your heart, then you will start to fade and you will not be able to do everything necessary to win. The last year I spent a lot of time on this. I, too, are hungry for victories, and a new goal, obviously, is The International.
– Can you compare your psychological attitude in this and last year?
– This year I definitely want to win even more. And I’m willing to sacrifice for this great.
– Describe yourself as a captain. Do you consider yourself a strong leader?
– For me, a strong captain is the one who is ready to give himself to the team, take responsibility for himself, on whom you can rely. If people are not sure of their actions, if they need help, they can turn to the leader. This should be the captain.
I do not keep team mates in the gloves, it’s not my style. But at the same time you need to be able to say “no” when it’s required. This should be understood by all players. I want us to be one.
– How do you cope with the defeats? The teams have different styles: someone immediately starts the next match, and someone needs a break in 10 minutes. And how is it with you?
“Depends on how we lost.” For example, if the defeat in the group stage does not hit us hard, we can immediately discuss it. And if there was a very emotional game, players need to rest, maybe breathe, walk. And then we disassemble the match with Sebastian “7ckngMad” Debs.
– How do you work with 7ckngMad? It seems that you communicate with him much more often than any other team with your coach. You and other collectives have repeatedly singled it out after the success of OG. Why is it so dear to you?
– I really respect him. He does much more than we ask him. He does not disdain even trifles, works with each player individually, helps us as a team. He works so much that it does not do him good. But he helps us immensely, for which we greatly respect him. A coach is important to respect, because otherwise you will not obey him.
In addition, he has more MMRs among us, except for s4 and Ana. Whether it’s a theory or psychological help to players – it will do everything. He played for a month in the middle to explain Ana some of the game nuances. Or he will look through all the peaks of the tournament, allocate all the winners and everyone will see what may come in handy. He is 100% immersed in what he does. That and good.
– In general, this is the person who can be found in the training room at 4 am for viewing the replays?
– Definitely. He sleeps 4-6 hours, but he will do his job. I think, thanks to him, we will perform well in this tournament.